I have made more kills with 270 Winchesters than I can count. I have had 0 complaints, as long as a good bullet was used.

I can say the same thing about good bullets on any game and from any bore diameter.
A poor bullet that fragments and doesn't penetrate is not dependent on it's diameter when it's in the shell's neck. It's just a poor bullet. Be it .243" or .366" (And yes, I have seen both in those diameters -----as well as .257, 6.5Mm 270, 7MM, 30 cal, 8MM, 338 and 358.)

I shoot only those bullets from my 270s that the last 50 years of hunting have shown me are good. 130 Gr Partitions, 150 Gr Partitions, 160 Gr Partitions, Barnes X in any weight, The old 1960s made Remington Core-Lokts in 150 grain, the new Fox bullets made in Slovenia, any bonded bullet of 130 grains and heavier, and a handful of other standard "cup and core" bullets that just work fine.

Ascribing a damnation, or some magic virtue to a mathematical measurement is a sigh of a lack of logic or wisdom.

I have to give the author credit, in that he did acknowledge this point, at least.