T M -

First and most importantly --- the 62 gr charge of "H" 4831 was NOT the powder we have today. That was "military" Surplus powder and that supply sold out @ 1970. That date is NOT exact. In the older loading manuals there was NO H designation, it was simply 4831.

That said, There have been diff manufacturers of H 4831 for Hodgdon SO it's definitely NOT the same powder.
I would NOT automatically load that max charge. AS ALWAYS start lower and work up. I would not be surprised to find '60' grs to be closer to max with today's powder (H 4831).

Another of JOC's pet loads was 52 1/2 hrs. IMR 4064 for 150 gr bullets ( 30-06 ) I have used that load over the years with complete success. The velocity is +/- 2900 fps and very good accuracy.

Your mention of "220 gr. bullets & 4350 (doesn't mention whether IMR or H )" >>>> then there was NO H 4350. It definitely was IMR 4350.

Another of his favorite cartridges is the 7X57. Since I've had 270s, I never traveled the road LESS traveled. whistle grin grin
So I don't have any suggestions for that.

There are many other loaders out there and I'm sure they'll have things to add to help you.

Good Luck

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 12/20/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!