Not really. I have several, and use whichever one seems right for the job. The one I probably use more than any is an old Bushnell with 3 expandable arbors that fit inside the muzzle, but it won't work on barrels under .22 caliber or over .45, or on most rifles with muzzle brakes or other attachments, because the "spuds" aren't long enough to reach the actual bore. Bushnell (and other companies) still sells a similar unit, or another one with fixed arbors for various calibers.

The most versatile are collimators that attach to the muzzle with a magnet, and I have two of those, an older Leupold with a grid reticle, and one from MidwayUSA, under the Wheeler Engineering brand, that also attaches magnetically to the muzzle but projects a laser. There are also laser collimators that fit specific cartridge chambers, but like bore-sighting through the barrel itself, they require more room to use.

Of course, you can also put the rifle in a vise where the muzzle can be pointed through a window at an object at least 20 yards away, and check on bore/barrel alignment that way, at least with rifles where you can look through the bore. In one house, my work-room had a window where I could put a rifle in my wise, then aim the bore at the peak of the roof on a house across the street, which worked VERY well.

The biggie with any collimator is to check its alignment, by putting it on several rifles that are already sighted-in. You'll discover that bore-scope alignment will vary somewhat, but will be in the same general area. The Bushnell, like some other more sophisticated collimators, has a grid reticle that can be adjusted to line up with the bore on sighted-in rifles. I did that years ago, and it works well, but as noted not for all barrels. Probably the most versatile in my collection is the Wheeler Engineering laser model. I've even used it on 12-gauge slugs guns.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck