Bugger,

Glad you like Gack! Am working on Gack II, but got slowed down in April due to a more-than-average number of magazine assignments. It still should be out by late summer or early fall. As for bullet stability, I'm lucky enough to live where it can be tested at elevations from 2500 to 8000+ feet, in temperatures from below zero to 90+. Have found today's best twist-rate formulas are very accurate for modern spitzers--though not always for blunter bullets.

Dunno if the 3-9x50 Bushnells are as reliable as the Fullfield II 3-9x's. They haven't been around as long, so don't have as much experience with their reliability. Have been using FFII's since they were made in the USA, which was at least a decade ago. The present Philippine-made model caused so much worry among rifle loonies that I requested a test sample ASAP, and found it slightly better than the American model. The optical quality was the same, because the lenses were the same, but the machining was smoother. Unlike other optics companies that contract to have scopes made in Asia, Burris provided the same tooling to make the scopes, and taught the Philippine company to use it. Which is why I'm always kind of amused when somebody on the Campfire Classifieds asks if a Fullfield II for sale is made in America.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck