I have never aged a deer on ice in my life.I killed a young buck on 12-26-17.I put a layer of block ice on the bottom of a 154qt cooler.Then I quarter the deer and put the backstraps and tenderloins in a plastic bag,then the front shoulders in a plastic bag,then the ribs and flanks in a plastic bag and finally each hindquarter in a separate plastic bag.Then I kept a layer of block ice on top of the meat.I kept an eye on the meat daily adding block ice as needed,making sure it was covered well.I've been busy moving and just never found the time to take a break a stop and work up that deer.Finally today I said I've got to work up that deer.Well after 13 days,1-8-18, I got it all worked up and in the freezer.I saved some for supper tonight and chicken fried it.I must say,that it the most tender deer I have ever ate.I did not tenderize it in any way other than the ageing.The texture was nice and soft,not chewy at all.I have to say I was very impressed.The meat did not smell,have any gamey or off flavor,just delicious.I never would have thought it would make that much difference,but it did.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............