Some reflection of the past.
Mom and Dad forced me into labor (along with grand dad) around the farm starting in around 1968. Dad was a traveling salesman and I was the only boy in the family so the expectations were higher for me in regards to good old fashioned manual labor. I felt like an overworked victim at times while the family bought and raised horses, a couple of cows to butcher, and even chickens (my idea, I highly do NOT recommend it) A 1 acre garden that had to be weeded by hand, when you finished, you started over again because it took 3 weeks to weed 1 acre by hand. But you know what....Mom, Dad (when he was home on the week-ends) and my Grandfather gave me the work ethics that made my life successful.
God bless the farmer!
Grandpa and I strung a triple strand barbed wire fence covering 80 acres in 3 months when I was 11. More bug bites than you can imagine in the woods of Minnesota. Never a compliment of the hard work I did, it was expected. No "I love you, you're doing great work" or anything. But you know what? I thanked them both when I became a young man for driving me hard in my youth.
When I started as a machinist apprentice at Boeing at age 18 in 1979 after moving West 1700 miles from home, I stood out like a sore thumb of a guy willing to bust his butt for a good wage.
Mom, Dad and Grandpa were all responsible for it. Thank you dear Lord for the work ethics my parents bestowed upon me.

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 01/16/18.