Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
Some reflection of the past.
Mom and Dad forced me into labor (along with grand dad) around the farm starting in around 1968. Dad was a traveling salesman and I was the only boy in the family so the expectations were higher for me in regards to good old fashioned manual labor. I felt like an overworked victim at times while the family bought and raised horses, a couple of cows to butcher, and even chickens (my idea, I highly do NOT recommend it) A 1 acre garden that had to be weeded by hand, when you finished, you started over again because it took 3 weeks to weed 1 acre by hand. But you know what....Mom, Dad (when he was home on the week-ends) and my Grandfather gave me the work ethics that made my life successful.
God bless the farmer!
Grandpa and I strung a triple strand barbed wire fence covering 80 acres in 3 months when I was 11. More bug bites than you can imagine in the woods of Minnesota. Never a compliment of the hard work I did, it was expected. No "I love you, you're doing great work" or anything. But you know what? I thanked them both when I became a young man for driving me hard in my youth.
When I started as a machinist apprentice at Boeing at age 18 in 1979 after moving West 1700 miles from home, I stood out like a sore thumb of a guy willing to bust his butt for a good wage.
Mom, Dad and Grandpa were all responsible for it. Thank you dear Lord for the work ethics my parents bestowed upon me.

thats why its better to hire farm kids to work ,,THEY ACTUALLY KNOW HOW,nothing like a GOOD Work ethics.BTDT

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky