johnsavage I am saving that poem.
I can't thank you enough for it. Beautiful. I used it today.

Today in Minnesota we had a memorial for Mom.

Here was my speech.

Rest in peace Mom. You brought so much good to the world.
Mom broke barriers that women didn't even consider in the 50's and 60's, before NOW or any of the women's movements. She hunted with the men, whether they liked it or not. She took a lot of crap from men in Hunting camp but her feisty spirit would dish it right back.

She was always busy, be it Star organization in Coon Rapids, or secretary to the Guidance Councelor at the schools we kids attended.

She worked at the Social Security department and worked at the company that produced the first MMU (Manned Maneuvering Unit) for astronauts to navigate their space ships without tethers. Her resume would be pages long and her experience was extensive in every aspect of her life.

She worked when women were supposed to stay at home, she hunted North American game when women were supposed to be cooking in the kitchen, and she raised 3 great children who were successful in life. When you met Midge for the first time you felt like she was a friend your whole life. Her love for Family, Faith and flag and her support for the 2nd Amendment shined admirably for her era. She was a leader, never one to follow. We will miss her so very much.

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 01/24/18.