Originally Posted by milespatton
I was referring to a particular scene described in John's Gospel, which had particular circumstances, and referred to people who denied he was the Christ, who were themselves Jews, which only makes sense since only a Jew at that time could have an opinion on whether someone was the Christ foretold by their prophets.

So you are still blaming modern Jews, for what those long ago did. I figure each man stands on His own, come judgement day. miles

Not defending TRH at all (he has me on ignore) but you’re actually quite incorrect here, at least speaking from a historically Protestant point of view.

All men are condemned under Adam. (I Cor 15: For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die...) We are not judged as individuals but as groups; we either follow Adam and are judged accordingly, or Christ, in which case He has suffered God’s wrath in our stead.

Now in terms of the context of your statements the Jews are as freely offered the latter as are any other people group and will therefore be held to account accordingly, so in that sense I understand what you’re saying.

I personally am grateful not to stand on my own merits at the judgment...