Some one on here posted this awhile back and I have tried it , but not killed anything but a whitetail with it.I have killed elk,with mostly 348 gr power belts and have recovered them with almost no expansion t, as Smoke states, about big as quarter.The Aerotip PB, are just hollow points with a plastic tip installed.Remove the plastic tip and the measurements are identical.
I am in the school that if you put a 1/2 hole thru an elk,in the right place ,it will die pretty quick.The expansion is just icing on the cake,but I don't want too much.

So I have taken some 17 caliber air rifle pellets and pressed them into the hollow point with the skirt side down, ie. into the hollow point.The skirt needs to be squeezed down just a bit to get it started ,the finger pressure on a hard surface will seat it the remainder.

A 295 gr PB went thru a whitetail with a 1/2" hole going in and about 1.5" hole going out. If I draw an elk tag this fall and happen to find a stupid elk to kill, I'll report on how a 348 gr PB works

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles