To answer your question Smoke my opinion is based on two very long tracking jobs. One was a whitetail with a 350 grain Buffalo Bore bullet and the other was an elk and a Power belt. I went to a great deal of effort to justify my opinion with something other than anecdotal evidence to avoid a dik measuring contest with you, but you persist with your "if it did not happen to me it did not happen" discussion. If you looked at the No-excuse bullet in the link it is obvious the nose profile is a Keith style semi wadcutter design. As much as I admire Elmer Keith there have been some advances in bullet design since he invented his bullet about the time the .357 magnum became available. The no excuse bullet acts as a solid and is in no way related to your pointed expanding bullets. Unlike you I am interested in quotes from reference books to explain a phenomena that I do not fully understand. With today's license draws no one person, even you, is going to shoot enough game to become an expert on bullet performance. Frankly, I am surprised that someone who throws around Latin nouns would be so narrow minded. I think what you meant to say is I am not interested in any opinion that differs from mine. So if you are "...not buying that a big meplat makes a difference" but Ross Seyfried is, my money is on Seyfried's opinion. You are of course entitled to your opinion. I wish you good luck in all your outdoor endeavors.