Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by pete53
A Marlin or Winchester is probably the safest firearms for a new shooter ? your nuts, these levers without a safety are not that safe and in youth gun safety instructors teach kids about how unsafe these old levers are ! I live in central Minnesota and hunt by the Canadian border and no we don`t hunt with old levers, myself I use a Ruger no. 1 with a safety ,there`s a money rifle shoot in long siding area this Sunday 8am bring your lever 100 yards to 500 yards ,bet your lever won`t even shoot a 5 shot group at 100 yards under a inch off a cement bench. BRING THAT OLD LEVER,i`ll just use my old single shot ,and bring some cash too, I might be old but this won`t last long

Please explain to us what is unsafe about these guns?
Do you have any statistics?
What about a list of lawsuits?
Whether or not a lever gun is more or less accurate than any other type of gun is irrelevant to your accusation that these guns are not safe.
I hate to tell you but NO loaded gun is 100% safe. The person carrying it makes it safe.
A Remington 700 can be a very unsafe weapon. That is a design defect.

Here is a little test.
Start a thread asking how to remove or disable a cross bolt safety on a Marlin.
You will get responses from many knowledgeable members on how to do it. You can even find videos on you tube.
Then start a thread about how to disable a safety on a bolt gun and see the responses you get.

If I had the time and inclination, I'd bring one of my lever action single shot Sharps Rifles, put petes money in my wallet, and leave my dirty patches with him ;]

Trump Won!