Originally Posted by pete53
A Marlin or Winchester is probably the safest firearms for a new shooter ? your nuts, these levers without a safety are not that safe and in youth gun safety instructors teach kids about how unsafe these old levers are ! I live in central Minnesota and hunt by the Canadian border and no we don`t hunt with old levers, myself I use a Ruger no. 1 with a safety ,there`s a money rifle shoot in long siding area this Sunday 8am bring your lever 100 yards to 500 yards ,bet your lever won`t even shoot a 5 shot group at 100 yards under a inch off a cement bench. BRING THAT OLD LEVER,i`ll just use my old single shot ,and bring some cash too, I might be old but this won`t last long

So I’m guessing that “we” is the youth gun safety instructors you’re talking about here.
What’s safety got to do with accuracy? I’m a NRA certified rifle and shotgun instructor, as well NRA RSO. I’ve never heard of what you’re talking about. I teach everyone to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction whether the gun is loaded or not.