Originally Posted by DownWind
Man you guys make it tough! I broke down and emailed Cracker Jack for availability and price. I asked about the halibut and salmon combo trip. At least he'll get a little variety during the 12 hour trip (plus 4 hours roundtrip travel to Seward). This old man will need some sleep after this.

Awesome! You’ll both be tired but you’ll forget about that in the years to come and you two will always have this special time together, a time that will live in his heart long after you’re gone. My grandpa was a special man and he and I had always planned to go to Alaska together but the good lord called him home before we got the chance. My eyes filled with tears the first time I hit the Alcan and I thanked God for a chance to see the land of a young boys’ dreams. My grandpa was with me in spirit and I truly felt his presence the whole trip. That fueled an obsession that for me had been burning since I was old enough to read the adventures of old sourdoughs and less than 10 years later after traveling around the state I bought a place in SE Alaska. I bought it to spend time with my family and friends, to share my dream with others and to create memories that will outlive me.

I hope your trip to the greatest and most mesmerizing land God ever created is everything and more than you and he could dream. I hope you report back afterwards and share your adventures with us. Good luck!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~