OK folks, it's time for an update. We are set with the Cracker Jack Voyager on the 19th of July for a combo halibut /silver salmon trip out of Seward. We got a room Thursday night the 18th, at the Van Gilder in Seward so the day won't be quite as long. That will be the most I've ever paid for one night's lodging ... $390 ($250 a night I've already paid for the Soldotna room + $140 for the Van Gilder). I'll get over it ... just hope the wife doesn't find out.

Our host for Kenai king fishing on Saturday is Steve (358Norma_fan). He gave me permission to divulge. That was an over-the-top offer! He even fondly mentioned a few other yahoos here on the Fire that he has shared a day fishing with.

I only have one dilemma left ... airline and rental car reservations. I've been working with a travel agent out of Soldotna since last November. Every time I speak with her or email she promises to send me an itinerary. She claimed in Feb that she had us booked on a flight that was cancellable up til May 1st. I still haven't seen that itinerary. She never initiates correspondence. It's always in response to my queries. I plan to give her a call in an hour or so and either get something solid or part company. If this is her normal behavior I am amazed she is still in business.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.