Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

But the fact of offering me to send back a pack (which incidentally looks showroom new after a wash the other day) which cost me $1000 Canukistanian pesos, letting them keep that bag, and then giving me 10% of the purchase of a new one.... So I pay TWICE to get one pack?!?!?

Although, when I read what I wrote there I had to go back and re read the email exchange because it didn’t look right. Only thing I can surmise is he f*ucked up on what he meant there, as that simply can’t be right....

I suspect you're right concerning the mis-communication. Sending your current pack back to them, then only getting 10% off a new pack just isn't clicking in with me. I'll bet that's not what the CS representative meant. At least I'd hope that's not what he meant. I have a hunch I know what company you're dealing with, and their CS has been nothing less than stellar with me and other folks.

As far as the 3 years of use on a pack that wasn't the right one to begin with.....I can see both sides of that, but ultimately agree that it is on you (and it's great you realize that). Additionally, how does the CS representative know you're not lying about the mess up? For all he knows you may be full of it. You may have a receipt with a product description, but there's no way for him to know that the pack you're saying wasn't the right one was actually bought second hand from a third party, and that the real pack associated with that particular receipt is in your closet right now---and that you really just want two of those packs. (I am not sure if my rambling is making sense or notlaugh).

I think you're doing fine with the acknowledgment that you should have checked the shipment when it first came, but the company should also acknowledge the possibility that it was their fault.

Sounds like a bum deal with no straight answers.

Last edited by T_Inman; 03/10/18. Reason: clarify