I haven't shot every cast bullet design made, but have used several dozen in 44, 45, 475 and 50. I agree that ogival wadcutters i.e. LFN, WFN etc styles seem to be more friendly in regards to top accuracy and over a broader range of pressures and velocities. I think it's as simple as the ogive helping guide the bullet into the bore vs. the square shoulder of the swc slamming into the rifling and if there is any misalignment having an adverse affect on accuracy. I haven't found anything magical about LBT molds and honestly find them a bit fragile. I've cast and shot ogival wadcutters from many different mold makers and have found they'll shoot every bit as good as bullets cast from LBT molds. Balisticast was my favorite as they are IMHO the best built molds, or I should say were as I've heard the current owners are having issues with production. Mihec and Mountain Molds make excellent ogival wadcutters. Heck, the Lee rf designs shoot just fine as well.

The WFN is a hammer, but it seems to start flying wild at extended ranges. If I was looking for a long range bullet design I'd go with the LFN and IMHO 270-280 gr in a 44 would might just be the ideal weight.