Originally Posted by CraigC
Don't fall into the casting trap unless you really want to. Casters love to cast and tinker and think everybody else should too. Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry. I know for a fact that you can do a hell of a lot of enjoyable shooting with a whole bunch of enjoyable sixguns and never cast the first bullet. Today the selection of commercial cast bullets is better than it ever was and there is little you can cast that you can't also buy.

Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by TheKid
I don’t think he needs a 300gr WFN for shooting snowballs but that’s up to him. Heck for shooting snowmen and rocks I’d look into a light SWC or WC if I was having to buy lead.

True. I use MBC 240gr "keith" for practice, but I run them at 1200fps. And the crimp groove is inadequate for the recoil in my 329pd. But they will work great in a much heavier 629.

You should stick to what you know, which doesn't seem to be much. The MBC "Keith" bullet is not a Keith bullet at all. It's a generic bevel base SWC. But yeah, crimp jump can be a problem in 20oz .44Mag's. Since the OP does not have a 20oz .44Mag and the Keith bullet along with other SWC's have been in use for a hundred friggin' years, it shouldn't be a problem. There sure is nothing wrong with it or the Keith bullet and a lot of folks still send a lot of them downrange every year. For the purposes for which I use SWC's, LBT style bullets need not apply and the reverse is also true.

Did you orgasm while typing that?