Originally Posted by rickt300
I'm pretty sure the SST's were designed for long range shooting of medium game. Cool the velocity down and things will be rosy. Some of us who don't hunt open country like large blood leaking exit holes. The last lease I had if you didn't find the animal before dark it was 90% sure all you would recover the next day was bones, either coyotes or feral hogs had a meal. Substantial damage usually means the animal travels less after the hit. But shoot what you want, I like Partitions too, another bullet your not fond of.

I hunt country as thick as anyone else. I've yet to have an issue finding a deer or pig that runs off. Even if, like pigs, sometimes you really have no blood trail. We have the same issue if you don't find it that evening. Loss of animal, and even if you find it, its most likely spoiled anyway the next morning. If its a must.. CNS is the only way to rely.

Like anything, we all have our preferences.

I"d shoot a partition before I"d shoot an SST. I've really nothing against partitions, after I learned to use the right ones. Like 200s for 300s, not 180s.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....