I have used factory Hornady Superperformance 150's in my 30-06 for several years now, taking at least 10 caribou with them (used factory Corelocts prior). MV is advertised as around 3100, presumably through a 24 or 26 inch test barrel. Mine is a heavy barrel of 27 inch length, but I have never chronnied a load in my life, and feel no need to do so as long as the accuracy is good. I took 4 caribou this winter, out to 300 yards (RF), and as close as about 50, using behind-the-leg lung/heart shots. The difference in wound channels was impressive, but expected from past experience.

My experience mirrors above posts. At @ 300 yards or more (longest 433), the tissue damage is not wildly extensive with lung/heart placement from broadside. At closer ranges, or hitting shoulder bones, it becomes much more extensive. Or large muscle mass. Even hitting a rib goin in expands the wound channel considerably, as would be expected.

A while back I badly fluffed a shot on a bull at 200 yards, and hit him in the hams. (Gloves, some wind in the face, 15 degrees, standing, using Bog tripod shooting rest - call it an inadvertent discharge, which it was. My Bad!). Nerf-ball size tissue damage both sides.

I have never recovered a bullet. Even earlier ( a year or two) , I killed two within a few seconds of each other - both using RF. One at 292, the other at 433, both near- broadside shots through the lungs. The 292 one went through without hitting ribs on either side. Tissue damage was maybe a 2 inch cut-out, both sides, plus some iblood shot in the membranes, easiy trimmed out. On the 433, same, except it broke a rib on far side, then the leg bone (not perfectly broadside). Not much damage at the far side rib bone, but exponentially more to the leg.

Keep, or get, the velocity down decreases the wound channels, other things being equal. These things are designed that way.

I don'y know if this is a factor for OP, but at 300 yards, my rifle puts the Hornady SST SP (as above) about 16 inches higher and 10 inches right of Factory Corelocts of same bullet weight. At that range, with good solid "sandbag" rests, I get 1", 3 shot groups with the SST, and
about a quarter inch larger with the Corelocts. The GMX SP 150 just about exactly splits the difference between them for POI, also with 1" groups.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.