Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I had poor performance using 150 SSTs, from a short .308. There is no way that I will use them again, as there are plenty of better bullets available, such as Interlocks Supposedly, they have beefed up the jackets a little and that would help. They are probably OK if you want lots of damage, but the lower velocities are best, if you want to use them. I shot them at 2550 and they dynamited on small white-tailed does. To me, that is very poor performance for ANY bullet. They do shoot accurately, though. I think that the ELDM is actually a better bullet and it is a target bullet.

That is not my experience with the current 150 gr. SST. Do you just hate tipped bullets? Were you intentionally shooting shoulders? You do know that shooting bone destroys meat no matter what don't you?

Gee, I never thought about bones destroying bullets! I have only shot about 200 deer and quite a few elk and antelope. Those bullets were shot into the rib cage and totally came apart. It has nothing to do with tipped bullets. Is your comment about tipped bullets, due to me liking a bullet that rarely fails and does not have a pretty tip? I use tipped bullets and like GOOD ones. (head shake imoji inserted here)

So you shot deer in the ribs, they died and your unhappy about the destruction caused? Some people actually like a bullet that does maximum damage on rib hits. I have yet to see a 150 gr. bullet not exit on small deer hit broadside through the ribs, but if I do I would think it odd. My hog rifle outfitted with night vision is loaded with the 150 gr. SST pushed to 2300 fps out of a 308. Amazingly I am getting exits most of the time, good amounts of destruction and dead hogs. I shoot for bone most of the time too. I guess the reason I am defending the SST is because I am getting perfect performance out of it for what I use it for and I don't want all this useless ranting to cause the design to be changed.

This is not useless ranting. I said nothing about being unhappy about the destruction. I could not care less about that. A bullet that completely dynamites, is not what I am looking for in a bullet. I understand that they have beefed up the jacket a bit, and that is good, but I have no need to use a marginal bullet when there are good ones available. If it works for you, I am happy for you. Personally, I will stay with bullets that I know will not fail from any angle. The reason that they work well for you is probably because you are pushing them at anemic velocities. Do what you wish, but my experience and opinion of them stay the same. They are poorest bullet Hornady ever made.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.