There is a statement, the rifle has to fit you or you fit it. It has to feel right.

Whats weird, is for years we shot M1A in competition, felt like a rifle. Hunted with em too. Moved to the AR. Felt like crap. But almost 25 years behind the AR that gun FEELs right, fits right, second nature etc...

To stir the pot there are a few rounds that work better than what they seem like they should, to me... 243 and 223 are among them. Many work as well as I expect, like the 308. Some don't work as well as I expected. 257 wtby. 50 BMG

That said all of the above work. Even the 270 works, though I am fairly sure I'll never use one, but I hear and see that it works. Scratch that I did shoot my buddies dads 270 on a spike after his dad died, just seemed right for that rifle to keep shooting deer and the brothers have been to emotional to use it. So I know it works, even though its on the bottom of my list. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....