Originally Posted by mliang
Originally Posted by scotts94_z28
Originally Posted by mliang
Other than being left handed, you'll be much better off with a Winchester or Kimber. And they are cheaper with better customer service.

Had plenty of Kimber Montana's and like a bit more weight than that. Currently have a Winchester 70 Classic Stainless Featherweight in a McMillan edge and some other smith work to shoot well. That is my favorite hunting rifle but it's definitely not cheaper than a Montana X3 if they're good to go out of the box.

Now your comparing a full custom Winchester to a semi-custom MRC. I've seen plenty of Winchesters with Mcmillan stocks on here for cheaper than MRC. The reason everyone seems to be talking about the X3 is because of the lightweight, but the Kimbers are around the same weight. I never had to deal with Kimber's CS. But there is no way it was worse than MRC's, when I had to deal with them. One of the worst experiences with a company I ever had.

But if we are throwing in Tikka's into the mix, I would go with a Tikka all day long. I've never heard of one that had any problems or won't shoot. I know there has to be a few lemons that slipped through but generally Tikka will shoot very well.

Definitely not a full custom just a Classic Stainless Featherweight in a McMillan edge with bedding, trigger work, Williams bottom metal and extractor. I would love to do the same thing in 30-06 but there's no way that will happen for less than the cost of a new 30-06 MRC X3 hence this thread.