Originally Posted by RevMike
... By the way, I completely agree that they need to offer this with a Featherweight, or at least a No 1, contour barrel. I've mentioned it to them a few times. ...

I would LOVE IT if MRC offered featherweight barrels. But, not holding my breath. I tried to special order an MRC rifle with a FWT barrel two years ago. MRC refused. I am thinking that they are trying to limit the number of parts and SKU's, Hence, even if they turn their own FWT barrel, all of the stocks are probably pre-inlet for their #2 sporter weight barrels. If they are in a sold out position, just building their standard SKU's, I can understand.

Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah I talked to Dean too (nice guy) and I suggested fluting the barrel on these to shave a few more ounces plus it would look cool to boot..👍......Hb

I paid more than $100 to have the barrel on a custom X2 factory fluted. Unfortunately, MRC fluting is more of the cosmetic variety. Not that deep. Minimal weight savings.

To be clear, as a Left Hander, I really like MRC rifles and actions. I have a raw action on the shelf for a future build. Waiting for an opportunity to handle a Left Hand X3.