Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by 1minute
Another of my frustrations is the demise of manual trannies. I'll run my six-speed, 04 crew cab 350 until it literally dies. Had to put about $1,200 into the front end here at about 155 k. I need it mostly to get back and forth to the office.

That is the ONLY reason I would consider a Ram truck. You can still get a Cummins with a stick.

Why would one give away nearly 10% of their HP and nearly 20% of their Tq to have a manual transmission? 6.7L Cummins w/6-spd manual = 350HP/660Tq. 6.7L Cummins w/6-spd auto = 370HP/800Tq. New autos all offer a "manual" mode allowing you to pick and hold a gear. I like to fancy myself adept with a clutch, but, my 6.7L PSD Ford will ease into a start on slippery ground exponentially better than I've ever been capable of with any manual tranny. Couple that with a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear start at my fingertips and I find the manual hard to love save nostalgia. About the only thing a true manual will do that a newer auto won't is allow an over-rev downshift. I suppose there's a time an place for that but proper planning should negate the need.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.