Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
You getting feedback on how the GM 6.0 stacks up against the Ford 6.2.

DF

Most of the Ford guys have always been Ford guys and Chevy guys Chevy guys so I don’t get much true to life comparison input. But I’ve heard very little complaining from either camp. The secret to the Ford is ordering or finding one with the 4:30 rear. The standard 3:73s are just to steep to get in and stay in the sweet spot. I’ve had more than one guy tell me they’re like a totally different engine with the lower gears. Doesn’t seem to make any difference mileage wise either, especially for farm driving, short trips, pastures, and what not.

I am not and likely won’t ever be a GM guy. But I admit the 6.0 and whatever tranny combo they have now seems to be pretty solid. I will say I’ve never seen one with a few miles on it that didn’t rattle and clatter on startup and that’s a little off putting. Had a bud with a 4.8 and two with 5.3s that did the same so it must not be too serious since they seem to last a long time.

One guy has a 6.4 gas Ram but he’s a dickhead so I’ve never asked him about it. I’m sure it runs over chevys and pulls fords in half if he is telling it.