Originally Posted by lightman
My 2012 is in the shop as I write this. Injection pump, injectors and lines are going to be in the $10,800 range. It seems to be a common problem at around 80,000 miles and thats where I'm at. I really like the truck. Its a pleasure to drive, gets around 18 mpg calculated on actual fuel burn/miles and pulls my 32ft gooseneck and tractor weighing 16K with ease. It gets 10.5 mpg with the trailer. Except for a DEF level problem when it was 1 week old thats the only thing that its been in the shop for. A gas burner would probably struggle with that trailer and I would struggle with the 9 mpg that it gets without the trailer. The 7.3 that I had before this one was very trouble free but there was no comparison power wise. I never had a 6.0 or a 6.4 so can't comment on them personally. Friends with both Chevys and Dodges report having problems also. So, what do you do? Trade it before its out of warranty? Suffer with lousy gas mileage? I looked at trading but a broken truck has very little trade-in value.

I hate to hear that but injection pump and injectors are not a common 80,000 mile problem.