Originally Posted by deflave
If you're using subsonics out of a handgun that could be your problem.

CCI Quiets (HP type) work well. I would never use an HP if my goal was to brain stuff however.

CZ 455 synthetic suppressed model , Huntertown suppressor , 3x9-32 weaver rimfire classic , loves cci 40 gr. subsonic HP .

[quote=Skunkman]We had a Fox under a deck years back, running around trying to bite folks in a neighborhood. We had it cornered pretty good, and thought a sub-sonic to the neck from close range would do the trick. I don't recall how many my friend put into that Fox, but enough that he threw the sub Sonics in the garbage,

This is exactly how I felt .

Story - more story : I was trapping a swamp that winds on zig-zagging through 2 miles [ as the crow flies ] - so about 3 miles , takes hours to walk the line . Love it .
I was sitting in my shooting house cooking supper after spending most of the day checking snares and hanging more snares .

The coyote met a snare - all hades breaks loose 350 yards up a bushogged lane opposite of where I had just came from . . I'm snacking on something when the coyote vs. the snare fight broke out , wish I had a camera of my face when the sounds started - probably be funny . Anyway jump my tired feet back in my boots , grab the CZ - out the door - cover the distance quick like - eased up when close and spotted the coyote pulling backwards - chewing at the snare . When it spotted me it went crazy - [ tree shaker ] I eased up and looked it in the eyes . Shot it right in the head - just where the top of its muzzle stops - kind of low not exactly between the eyes . I won't go into all the details but after a few shots I was a bit freaked out .

I caught myself heading back to the shooting house to get my 308 - crazy - decided to finish it - reloaded the magazine - shot it somemore . As much as I despise coyotes I felt bad about the extended time it took to dispatch it .

Anyway - solids from now on , might try the lung/heart shot dispatchI do it from 30 yards and not get the critter riled up by approaching close .

Caught a tiny possum next day it acted like a stuffed animal didn't move a muscle with me standing two feet in front of it , same ammo rws , muzzle 1-2'' from head -pop .
Rolled it over - no exit , very little damage skull just had a busted in spot , but dead as a hammer .

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/13/18.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.