Originally Posted by LarryfromBend
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Trapped a lotta stuff. Tried a bunch of different dispatch methods. Best I found for instant shutdown was CCI shorts in one ear on line to come out the other ear. Coon...…………...possum...………...fox...……….. Instant. RWS .177 springer just almost as effective with the same shot.

HOWEVER...……………...skunks get a single .22 LR behind the shoulder. They nearly ever spray that way.

I've heard that as well as a hundred other magical no spray methods......never once has one of them worked for me.

I'm of the opinion that a 30-06 or larger might...I repeat "might".... be the only answer.

My experience exactly. I've taken their heads off with a 12 gauge and also shot them in the gut with a 22 short--- they still spray enough to make a big mess.

Haven't trapped for about 10 years. But I heard about the ONE .22 LR behind the front shoulder method back then.

Came up to a dirthole with a stinker in it the very next morning. Took out one of the usual .22 short HP's from the cylinder and slid in a .22LR. Popped the thing right behind the front shoulder...………….NO SPRAY !! Thennnnnnn…………...he kinda hung on and lingered and me hating to see things shot not die quickly AND needing to remake the set and get to the next one...…………. I put another .22 LR behind his front shoulder about a minute later. POOF !!!!!!!! Green cloud !!!!

I know for a fact, had I just left it be, he'd have eventually expired, spray free. Now to the point of the brutal, basic truth of the matter...……...skunks freakin' stink even if they haven't sprayed for a week or a month. So it's really quite rather inconsequential. Only a matter of the degree of the stink.

Last edited by Yoder409; 12/10/18.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.