There is a couple things you’re guaranteed to see when reading the Fire and looking over many subsections..The 6.5 Creedmoor or some other 6.5 X ??? Version is being discussed. Or, it’s the 6.5 bullets, powders and load curiosity...Both dominating many threads. Throw in a couple helpings of Tikka and your have a 5-8 page thread going for several days...

Mule Deer has a thread going on right now where he’s explaining why the 6.5 Creedmoor is such a damn good shooting cartridge even out of factory rigs. It appears for those living under a rock, owning a 6.5 Creedmoor will bring a smile of satisfaction to a fellers face...

With that said...If a guy wanted to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor, which rifle maker would he get the best accuracy from? Which rifle would hold up to volume shooting and possibly hard hunting? Price range for the rig alone would be $1200 or there about out of the box.

You can suggest a rifle, but add, that you’d have it restocked with “Blank” aftermarket furniture. Or, replace anything plastic to metal...Anything to improve upon the rifle if it’s lacking in certain features...Basically giving me a quick garage build of improvements to the rifle you’ve suggested, if you believe it’s warranted and or needed to make it perfect in your mind.

I have looked at and held a Bergara B14 HMR last week. I liked the stock capabilities to raise or lower comb height if desired. I also found the stock to feel solid and stiff....Front end balance wasn’t bad. Overall, it felt like a well made rifle. I also like the appearance of the Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5....But, I’ve never fondled one...I know next to nothing about the Bergara or the Tikka, Educate me on them if you see them as a good choice.

Feel free to suggest another manufacturer except Kimber. I lost at the Lottery Roulette on my last Kimber...It still stings a bit, No Kimbers.

Thanks for the ideas in advance...Oh, What would I do with it? Shoot it at my range. Maybe use it for coyote hunting. Likely make it into my truck gun for opportunities than come up while rolling in the woods...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”