I had an early Combo gun (two barrels, .22 and .17). It never really shot like I thought it should. I sold it. The opportunity came up and I bought a 452 American, which DOES shoot the way I want.
Last year, I picked up a 455 Scout (youth model) and lo and behold, it shoots, and shoots well. It's outshooting the 452 with the current lots of ammo I'm using! It really shoots well. I've since bought a 455 Stainless, and it too is shooting well. By "well", I mean under 3/4" nearly always.
The early 455 I had was an "A" prefix gun, the two latter 455s are "C" prefix. Dunno what that means, except they are shooting better than the first gun. I like the 455s a lot, though that first one made my teeth gnash more than once. Maybe they are getting all the bugs gone now. I'd even bought a .22WMR barrel for it, but none of the three barrels shot worth a hoot.

WIth the right ammo, I'm sure the 452 will outshoot both the Scout and the Stainless gun, but with the common HV stuff (CCI MiniMags and Aguila HV), it's nip and tuck, and usually the Scout wins. Not by much, but it wins.
All three rifles have similar glass, so it's not an optics thing. The little sucker just SHOOTS.
I let the older gun go with a Boyd's stock on it, and kept the American stock for it. I dropped the Scout into the American stock, so it handles better. It makes for a short, light and handy little gun.
I can't seem to get the photo to attach, but it's a cute little thing.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 05/30/18.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.