300 Savage; I too was looking to buy a CZ 455 American back in Jan. 2017 because I gave up trying to talk my buddy into selling me his CZ 452. Was at the gun shop that carried CZ's and they had recently got in another shipment with some 455's in it. So I looked at a few others just out of curiosity. Wound up getting a CZ 455 Varmint Thumbhole Fluted in 22LR. That particular variant had been discontinued but their distributor still had some in the warehouse. That thumbhole stock seems to have been custom made to my dimensions and I was never a big fan of them but I am now. The 455 also seems to shoot as good as my buddies 452. IMHO a CZ would make an excellent working/knockabout rifle because that's basically what mine is if working includes squirrel hunting and knockabout includes plinking and other small game and range use. Perhaps someday I might even have a Winchester 52 also...... Fellow I know is getting to that point in life where he wants to thin out the collection. He's got a beautiful 52 inherited from an older relative years ago and it might just come up for sale. I guess Sheister is correct..... I might just eventually wind up with a safe full of rimfires.