300 Savage, there are lots of great choices these days for great feeling stocks on rimfires IMO. I've been on the " got to get one of each" quest for a while now, but the missus has put her foot down on getting another safe to continue the quest so I've had to slow down a bit... smile

Never been much of a CZ fan and can't quite get the love for the stock ergonomics or the safety, but I'm an old guy and kind of look at the old school guns. I've found real comfort in the older rimfires and for carrying I've found my hands wrap around the older rifles a lot better. My latest favorites have been Winchester 69A, Winchester 75 Sporter, Remington 541S and 541T, and a Repro 52 Sporter. A buddy has a couple Kimber of Oregon 82 that I have been lusting after since shooting them. The Win 52, Kimber 82's have triggers to make a man smile, the 541S is very acceptable and the 69A/75 Sporter are very good but not target grade by any means. However, accuracy for all of them is more than acceptable by any standard and the wood on them all is outstanding IMO.

About the only thing that separates the bunch is budget and taste....

Huntsman, you're not making any fans here. I grew up in construction and just retired from 40 years as an electrician so I've handled a few 2 x 4 's as well as a lot of other construction items. Wanting a well crafted gunstock and rifle to carry in the woods isn't necessarily related to one's chosen field as much as you would apparently wish to infer. In other words, just because I carry a 2 x 4 (or anything else for that matter) at work doesn't mean I want to carry one in the woods....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.