Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by kellory
For a man who claims to protect the Constitution, he clearly doesn't understand it.

Neither do you. You're one of the guys here who said teachers don't have the right to be armed.

No. I did not. By Ohio law teacher DO have the right to armed. It is the school board that stands in the way. I happen to know a trainer who OFFERED to train any three teachers from any school that asked for free. I know of a few gun shops that offered to sell hand guns to teachers at or near costs. I personally WANT teachers to have the ability to return fire. The problem is not with the law. But with the schools.

The teachers have the right to be armed no matter what the schools say. You're the one that said that my rights end when I enter school property. You're a big law and order guy and if teachers were to carry their firearms in school anyway (like I would) you'd have no problem with them being arrested if they got caught. You're right that the schools are the ones causing the problem in the states that allow armed school teachers but the schools don't have the right to infringe on anybody's right to bear arms.

As your employer, they do. I don't like it, but any business can make it a condition of hire, or post thier property.

Edit to add:

"Under the law:

With the proper signage, businesses and property owners in general can prohibit firearms within the workplace and on their property. However, they cannot prohibit an employee or guest with a valid concealed handgun license from transporting or storing a firearm and ammunition in his or her personal vehicle on the premises where the vehicle is permitted to be, such as a parking lot. If the individual is outside of the vehicle, the firearm and ammunition must be locked in a trunk, glove box, or other enclosed compartment within or on the vehicle.
An employee may not possess a firearm or ammunition in a company-owned or company-leased vehicle where the employer prohibits such possession.
Unless otherwise prohibited by the proprietor with the proper signage, an individual with a valid concealed handgun license can possess a handgun in a child daycare center.
While possession of a firearm is generally prohibited in school safety zones, an individual with a valid concealed handgun license can possess a handgun within a motor vehicle while in a school safety zone. If the license holder exits the motor vehicle, he or she must leave the handgun inside the vehicle and lock the vehicle.
An individual with a valid concealed handgun license can possess a firearm in an airport terminal, so long as the license holder is not beyond a passenger or property screening checkpoint or in a location where access is restricted through certain security measures by airport authorities or a public agency.
Although businesses and property owners cannot prohibit a license holder from possessing or storing a firearm in his or her privately owned vehicle while parked on their premises, they can post a sign in a conspicuous location on the land or premises prohibiting people, including individuals with a valid concealed handgun license, from carrying firearms on or onto that land or in the premises.

The Ohio Attorney General offers a sign for posting.

Employers with operations in Ohio should review their weapons-at-work policy. Many employers with such a policy prohibit employees from possessing a weapon on company property, which is defined to include the company parking lot.

Any policy revision should be made so that the policy complies with Senate Bill 199 and cannot be used against the employer to support a claim of unlawful termination. In addition, human resources professionals and managers should be notified of the change in the law and any resulting change in policy.

Katharine C. Weber and David A. Nenni are attorneys with Jackson Lewis in Cincinnati. © Jackson Lewis. All rights reserved. Reposted with permission".

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...ace-laws-and-concealed-carry-rights.aspx

Last edited by kellory; 06/01/18.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~