Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It is beyond me why anyone thinks that someone like this guy, or the Houston police chief for that matter, should have any more credence given to his opinion on constitutional rights than any other citizen's. His opinion has no more value than that of the woman waiting on me at a deli yesterday.

He doesn't even understand who he worked for, he blabbers on by saying "For the past 34 years, I’ve carried a gun as part of my work to defend the U.S. Constitution". Unless he was in the military or a federal agent then he was defending the Texas Constitution, not the U.S.

BS.

I know, because I took that oath in Texas.

I swore to uphold the laws of the State of Texas, and the United States, and uphold the Constitution of the United States. And to defend against all enemies, foreign or domestic.

As far as I know, that oath has no expiration either.

He can swear an oath to the kingdom of porky pig for all I care. His commission is from the state of Texas and means exactly jack outside the state of Texas. No one outside of Texas voted for him or the elected officials that appointed him so his position as savior of the nation is nothing but hubris, he's just Joe Q Citizen to the rest of us. His opinion means the same to me as the Houston mayor's or Andrew Cuomo's for that matter, which is to say zilch. If he wants to position himself as a defender of the constitution then uncle sam is always hiring. Until that time he's just another blowhard trying to undermine it.