Quite the experience, but I just back from Cabelas with the new yak.......

Thursday night after supper, I said fuuck it, I'm ordering the damn thing. The site says 1-2 week delivery direct from the manufacturer, so beings I thought I might be out of town next week, I had it shipped to the store, & would pick it up when I got back. The next day I get an email with an update, the paddle was in. No shiit Sherlock, the store had them in stock. Yak was in transit as well....yippee.

Yesterday I had a call from Cabelas I missed, so I called the number back, and was told the yak was due to be delivered between the 26th & 29 of this month. 10-4, thanks for nothing.

Today at noon I got an email saying the yak was delivered at the store ready for pickup, WTF, over.

Hop in the truck, and drive to Cabelas, 100 miles round trip. Walk back to the boat department, and see my model standing upright. I asked the guy if that one was mine. He said no, that one's been here, along with 8 more in the back!!!!! Despite having several in stock, which the website said was out of stock at the store, they shipped in another, plus another paddle, to fill my order. Welcome to Bass Pro I guess......

In the end, the yak was listed at 1000, was on sale for 900, minus the 10% off. The paddle was 100, on sale for 80, and another 10% off that, plus tax on both. Then after deducting a bunch of Cabela's points, the total came to one Jackson under 8 bills....not bad.