4 seasons ago I loaded some Speer 150 gr boattails I had in "inventory" for my hunting partner's .270. I used H4831 and added powder until the velocity reached 2800 fps. At last count, if I remember correctly, he is 17/17 on deer, coyotes and feral dogs. In the past I have shot the Speer 160 gr boattail in my .280 at the same velocity and killed several deer from 60 to 200 yards. Performance was all you could ask with massive internal destruction and golf ball sized exits on broadside shots. Only shot ribs not shoulders though.

In my own .270 I use the old Nosler 150 gr Solid Base and it always worked well on deer and antelope. I stocked up on those before the supply dried up and I probably have 9 or 10 boxes left on the shelf. Another good deer bullet I loaded for a couple of friends was the Hornady 140 spire point boattail.

Back in the 80's I lent my .280 to a local warden in Idaho when his rifle went screwy and he killed two elk with it using the Speer 160. He killed a cow with one shot from above and behind that took out a foot of spine and a spike broadside that he shot high through the spine. Both were one shot kills. Based on this experience my vote is for the Speer.