Originally Posted by Otter6
Originally Posted by buttstock
Anti-Hornady?

No not at all. I was curious what the concenus here was between the two bullets listed. Neither advertises any prevention from separation. Gamekings have a bad rep pertaining to core loss. I've personally never recovered either from a deer. My T3 drills the prettiest little groups with Gameking 150s. Considered picking up a box of Speer b-tails to see if they would do the same. The only other non-premium boat tail Id consider is the Hornady. Currently out of them. Ballistic tips for whatever reason,don't give the accuracy I'd expected.

I'd shoot the Gameking and be done with it. 150 is heavy for caliber in 270 and has sectional density on par with a 180 grain 30 caliber bullet so that should mitigate bullet "failures". If I had to bet, I'd say if you shoot behind the shoulder you will never recover one unless the distance is measured in feet. If you shoot the shoulder you might occasionally get one or a piece of one on the offside hide from a very dead animal.

Last edited by RJY66; 06/30/18.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn