Originally Posted by pymi
I have used both brands in 130gr. and both seem to work fine as the deer I shot at went down.
Try them both and see which one your rifle likes, mine also shot better with the speer flat base.

Isn't that one of the mysteries of shooting,loading? Over the years,I've had rifles,of the same make and model,prefer one or the other. Never have figured it out. My wife piloted a m700 270 for 25 years. I too had the same rifle of slightly different vintage. Hers wouldn't group a boat tail of any flavor. Mine loved them.

When I started hand loading in the mid 70s, my bench was pretty much all yellow bullet boxes. The old Speer flat base was where I started with a new or different rifle. Sierra was a staple with one of my buddies at the time. We both did well with our respective bullet choices. My future father in law at the time was a Hornady men. He turned be onto them. It was all very simple then. Now it's about covering ALL the bases. Close shots. Long shots. Hard angles or broadside. I think it boils down to wringing out every ounce of potential from the rig. If it was cut and dried,I bet a lot of us would hang it up. It's what keeps it interesting.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."