Alright guys, I’m in the market for a new rifle.

I’ve already decided on chambering - 300 win mag. I want to shoot at stuff way out there... out there being 600-1000 yards. This isn’t going to be a target rifle though, I’m buying it to hunt with, so weight is a concern. On that note and before we go further - I’m not planning on shooting at animals beyond 600 or so yards. I want it to be capable of repeatable accuracy at that distance though, and I figure a “thousand yard rifle” would take that failure out of the equation. I’d like a muzzle brake as well. Price point for rifle alone is $1200 give or take a couple hundred. Stainless or cerakote. I’d like it to stay under 8.5lbs.

Also a side note - what are people’s experiences having a sporter-ish weight barrel threaded? I’ll be honest - I’m a little scared to have it done at the risk of it being done wrong or robbing accuracy from an otherwise good barrel. I also realize that for what I want, a heavier barrel is likely going to be required.

My original thought was a CA in a Mesa or Ridgeline(since it’s on sale at Cabela’s). However, I don’t see many reviews of these rifles out there(not in 300 anyway). I’m sure they’re nice, and it seems like CA will stand behind them... but spending this much money I want to check all of my possibilities.

Remington. Yep, like I mentioned I want to check all my bases. If I went this route I’d be looking at a Sendero or AWR. Both would need a brake and a trigger. The sendero is definitely heavier than I want. The AWR doesn’t seem to have a heavy enough barrel. Most of the reviews I’ve seen on the sendero are from people who have an old one.

Browning XBolts - I have a few. I like them, but before they’re mentioned, I’m looking to try something different.

Tikkas - no. Their recent policy change is garbage. On top of that, I would need them to be threaded anyhow.

Savages - no. I have some and have nothing against them, but again, looking for something different.

Bergara - I’ve fondled a B14. For the price it seems so sweet. The reviews I’ve read are outstanding. However, I’m not sure the barrel is up to task - and with that said, it would also need to be threaded and cerakoted.

Weatherby - I’ve considered some of the vanguards. Some have the finish/brake options, however I’m not sure how I feel about the whole pencil barrel with a pressure point looking for a rifle that will do what I want.

Kimber - too much risk here.

Custom - not willing to spend the money or time.

I think that about exhausts my list.

Are there any rifles that I’m overlooking? In my position, what would you do?

Also, if I’m way off base on anything, please let me know. This is my first time looking at a rifle for this purpose. All I know is what I’ve read.