I have had several makes/brands of the type rifle you are considering as I prize a lightweight bolt action rifle chambered in .300 Win/.300 WSM.....currently I have a couple Tikka T3x Superlite's in .300 WM (Sportsmans warehouse version) also a Christensen Arms Ridgeline .300 WSM and a Kimber Subalpine .300 WSM but I have owned at one time or another Many Remington 700's, Browning X-Bolts and others all chambered in .300 Win...I would recommend a Tikka T3x, (and forget the muzzlebrake ) I have never had an issue with a Tikka rifle out of the 1/2 dozen or so I have owned and every one has been a sub MOA shooter....I Have no idea what your talking about with Tikka's change in policy....I will have an as new Tikka T3x Superlite for sale soon, its a sub MOA shooter with factory ammo ( not pet reloads) it has Mountain tactical Gen 1 bottom metal along with a heavy duty stainless bolt stop installed, stainless action screws and stainless bolt shroud....PM me if your interested....Good luck with your choice.....Hb