Originally Posted by sidepass
Sheister, seems to me he has chosen a different tool than you would have. We are not all chasing the same thing and thats Ok.

Missing the point as usual guys. Nothing wrong with the 300- I have two of them and nothing wrong with other calibers, either. I have them up and down the ladder and use all of them. However, if you're talking about shooting 600 yards - 1000 yards- a big part of the consideration should be on the bullets you will be using to reach that magic number accurately. High BC is important as well as suitability for the purpose. Hunting bullets with high BC's differ greatly from target bullets, etc.... Also, when you know what bullets you may be shooting for the intended purpose, you can choose the rifle with the proper barrel length, twist, scope mounting options, scope requirements, etc....... ask anyone who has an early Remington with the 12 or 14 twist on their 223 or 22-250 and see how they shoot the heavy or long bullets....

Believe it or not, a little bit of research could save a lot of time, trouble, and money instead of taking someone's advice without knowing what you actually need to accomplish your goal. In my own fashion, I'm actually trying to be helpful not only to the OP but to others who may have this same question tomorrow, or the next day. Want to bet this won't be asked again very soon?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.