44mc, good deal and congrats, we may have to compare notes at the conclusion of this years hunting. smile

Gladesman, that sounds like a plan, I have already ordered a Skinner sight, it will go in a drawer for now, I'll run the old 3X Weaver this year, I need to order some damn red plaid wool ; )

Woodmaster81, nothing wrong with being nice to the old steel, in my case with the 220's, I shoot deer coming into the rattling horns mostly in the chest [long wound channels] or in the shoulders on a hard quartering in angle, also bust hips going in on deer sneaking out of an area, that may help the heavy bullet open up a bit more for good expansion, lord knows the heavy 220's will be good for cow elk, tough nilgai, and busting hogs through the shields.

CaribouJack, Thanks for the advise, and yessir, I will enjoy that rifle with honor for the rest of my days, Bud at the gunshop thinks just like you do, he already had a Warne rail on the counter when I got there, I wanted to keep this rifle like it may have been back in the day if it had worn a scope, the old weavers were about all there was to be had then, oddly enough, with this long tubed weaver 3X scope, and with the ring slots both mounted in the forward position, I have great eye relief, yes they are ugly, but that's okay in this case.

rem141r, you bet slick as snot, I don't believe the newer marlins get love at the factory like these old guns got either, I had to place my bullet, brass and die order in a hurry and didn't get to research the 200 gr cl, I tried to buy two bags of brass, they only had one, I had to hit that order button post haste, maybe these 220's wont let me down.

satx78247, Thanks, and concur I still see okay, but, have never had a lever action rifle with a scope, this will be the one, plus, we all know, if you cant see it you cant kill it, I looked at some brown, black and white cattle here on the farm through the old scope at dusk thirty, I wont have any trouble finding that buck in the brush at 100 yards dusk, he'll be riding home with me.

kragman1, You're most welcome, it's my sincere pleasure, agreed fully on the Marlins and scopes, lever rifles always looked, handled and shot just fine with their factory buckhorn, lyman or redfield receiver peeps, even the old factory bolt peep on a deluxe M-71 in 348W, this rifle and it's old Weaver 3X will be just fine, I'm going to catch hell for using a lever rifle and scope this year, that's okay, I'm just going to have to be 'that guy' this fall, red plaid wool and all, my hunting buds are going to have plenty of fun at my expense with this deal, but I'm going to have a hell of a time anyway.

Trump Won!