Roger that 44, I now have a spare 1.5-5 leupold in a set of weaver low rings zeroed to the rifle, same as the 3X weaver, +3 high at 100, the back edge of a small folder knife i'll carry in my pocket fits the screw slots perfectly if I ever need to change it out in the field or on a hunting trip.

fester, hope you put a tag in the ear of a good black tail this year, the old 30-30 has been getting it done for 125 years.

VarmintGuy, Thanks for the compliments, I'll badly miss hunting with my Sharps rifles this year, with a max range of 200 yards with this lever will mean i'll have to do some serious hunting, 200 yards with a Sharps is a chip shot, on the other hand, with this 3X scope, i'll be able to make shots very late and early I couldn't make with a Sharps or any other iron/peep sighted rifle and a naked eye, though some wont admit it, we all know you cant kill what you cant see.

All that being said, honoring a 30+ year good friend, his passed away wife, and the man that bought the rifle new that I never met, will be a sacrifice i'll gladly make this year, good health and the good lord willing, I may have 30 hunting seasons left in me anyway, these old levers and even Sharps rifles take a backseat to high power glass like Nightforce, and the extreme precision shots can be placed on animals with spinning turrets and a good rangefinder with cartridges such as the 7MSM and my old 300 magnums, this will be a straight [hunting] season. smile

Trump Won!