I have several Remington Model 8/81s in 35 Rem as well as a Standard Arms G and a Marlin 24" rifle with half mag. I stupidly let go a Remington 740 and an XP-100 in the cartridge in the past. There is a mixture of sights on my guns ranging from the factory leaf sights to three different peep sights to a 3x Weaver in a side mount. The Marlin started with factory leaf sights and a 4x Weaver but changed to a Redfield peep that I picked up cheap. I had to get a higher front sight as it shot a foot high at 50 feet with the factory front. I have not shot anything with the Marlin nor the Standard Arms but the rest have at least one deer under their belt by me. That may change for both guns this year depending on the weather and stand.

I load 200 gr Hornady and Sierra bullets in mine as that weight tends to give a bit more room for powder in the case. I am not too sure about the 220 gr bullets as I believe they are designed more toward the 358 Win and the 35 Whelen. As I shoot some rather old rifles I tend to be a bit conservative in my loadings when they are involved. With the reputation the 35 Rem has with factory rounds I don't think the heavier bullets will add anything to the cartridge.