Well, guess I've been living right, an old Bud brought over an AR-10 for me to rig up with a scope and get him on paper at 100, loaded him up 100 rounds of ammo for his 7 mag too, we were loading all his stuff back into his pickup when he opened the back door and pulled out an old soft gun case with something inside, and said, here, Thanks, and don't open it till I'm gone. smile

He hit the highway and I unzipped the case, pulled out a cherry 336 Marlin carbine in 35 Remington, it's an old rifle, with a serial number of Mxxxx, I just ordered some 220 gr Speer hot core flat points, hornady brass, and a set of dies from Midway, knocked the rear sight out of the blank and put it in a marked ziplock bag, drove a blank in the dovetail and ordered an all steel Skinner peep sight, the receiver is drilled and tapped for a scope, think this old rifle will look right with a peep and the front iron sight.

Never had or fired a 35 Remington, guessing it should work plenty well for deer and pigs at woods ranges, this is shaping up to be a heck of a hunting season.

Trump Won!