Have been using the Barnes 6.5 120gr X since it came out. Some where around 1990. The early X bullet did leave more copper fouling than other jacketed bullets. This all changed with the TSX. The heat treating & copper alloy used today have come a long way since these bullets started. A lot of the criticism I see today comes from problems that existed years ago & keeps getting passed on. Me & mine have fired thousands of these bullets over the years. with no problem of excessive fouling or proper expansion. I prefer the Barnes because of the extra relief cuts around the bullet. Seems to reduce friction & gives a space for displace copper to move to. Can't comment on the 127 LRX as have never used it. Have used the TSX 120 in my 6.5x308 wild cat, 260 Rem, 6.5x55. & 264 mag. This has been our elk bullet. Velocities have been from 3004 to 3450fps. They have all successfully taken elk with complete pass thru every time even thru heavy bone... Could not begin to remember how many elk we have taken & observed taken with this bullet. I do have a friend who uses the Hornady 120GMX with the same results. I don't see a big difference between the 120 TSX & the 127 LRX. I believe your results would be indistinguishable between the two. I have my own range on my land & shoot regularly out to 500yds. The big thing with the mono's is deep seating required for best accuracy. Always start at .050 off the lands & go from there. My 6.5's seem to prefer about .060 to .065 off the lands. Every rifle can be different. The mono's do not like rifles with worn throats.Which ever mono you select you will get penetration well beyond lead core bullets. That includes bonded & NP. We have used them all.