Originally Posted by P17
I am interested in using the 127 LRX in my .260, also. I currently have a load with the 129 Nosler Accubond LR at 2,850 fps that is incredibly accurate in my little Savage Lightweight Hunter.

I was wondering if the 127 LRX will take loads in the same ballpark as the Nosler and result in similar velocities? I read an article by Mule Deer in which he suggested that it did in one 6.5mm rifle that he worked with-- and it makes sense that these bullets would take similar loads.

I know that the only way to answer this for sure is by working up a load, but I'm curious to see if anyone has experiences in this area. It seems to me that these two bullets together would make an excellent combination for the .260, with the softer Accubond LR being reserved for deer and smaller game and the Barnes being used for everything else, and for closer shots.

I'm pushing 127 LRX's to 2950fps w/ 43.8grns RL17 in mt 23" 6.5 Creedmoor (Thanks Derrik)! It shoots to POI as my 123 Scenar and 125 partition load. Never tried 129 LRAB's, but I would think there's a good chance it will be close for you.

David