Originally Posted by sidepass
Have seen some 127 LRX loads for the 6.5 Creed and RL26 with impressive numbers .Any one here have any experience with this combo ? And if so did you use mag primers?

In the 6.5x55, 25-06, 280AI the magnum primers did better. In the 243 standard were better. Now I start my load work up with magnum primers as it is safer to drop back to a standard primer than the other way around. Completely agree on the +85 degree temperature sensitivity. Not a problem most of the time but you need to be aware that a hot barrel will have the same affect. Use the Berger data as a velocity ceiling and you should be fine.

If you don't have R26 already, it is hard to get, and due to the stability question I would go to R23 or R16. These are not that far behind velocity wise and they perform better in hot weather.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli