Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I’ve been pretty impressed with the 127 LRX out of the 20” .260. They run about 2800 FPS, and have flattened everything they’ve hit thus far.... elk, deer, antelope, coyotes.... nothing has taken a step after bullet impact. They all exited, and there was obvious signs of good expansion. The only thing I’ve revovered is one petal, weighing about 15 grains... it was found in the exit wound on the antelope buck. The furthest shot was on a cow elk at 505 yards. Bullet entered at the last rib, and exited the neck just in front of the off side shoulder... traversing about 3’ of elk clockwork. I’ve never seen an elk go down faster than that one.

They shoot to the same POI as the 123 Amax in that gun, and the dope is pretty interchangeable out to 600 or so. We shoot the Amax/ELD at steel and prairie dogs and coyotes. Then shoot the LRX at big game animals, without having to change anything.

Good info. Thanks for posting that. Planning to build another 6.5 (PRC) in a sporter weight for hunting. (My 6.5-06AI is too heavy to carry far as it was purpose built as a target rifle.)

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.